Sunday, April 2, 2017

My Husband, My Hero!




I am really lucky to be married to Andrew for many reasons. Here are just a few….  

He’s a good listener. No matter how many times I feel like a broken record complaining about work, he sits patiently and waits until I am done before offering a sympathetic word or hug (much needed!). All the while he rarely complains about how much he hates his job (or at least the current project he’s working on).
I think he made that pie
He’s the Head Chef and I am his Sous Chef (and Menu creator). He’s quite happy to make dinner most nights so I can go the gym after work and still have dinner on the table at a reasonable hour. I definitely eat better because he cooks. Otherwise I would probably live on micromeals, soup, salad and sandwiches.

He’s happy enough to wash the dishes (those that don’t go in the dishwasher) on nights (and sometimes days) when I’m too busy to do them. It’s an on and off thing, but it’s nice to know he has my back there.

He also doesn’t mind doing laundry and will even fold my socks and other unmentionables (and I sometimes do the same for him). I’ve heard from other wives that their husbands don’t mind doing laundry either. Not sure why that is, but it’s definitely a good thing! It’s one of my favorite chores we do together since we usually listen to comedy programs on NPR while folding, and sometimes our kitty, Tamsin joins us providing us with lots of laughs.
Tamsin sitting on a pile of my scarves
I know there’s a lot of give and take in marriage, and you’re not supposed to keep score. I think we’re fairly even most of the time, though I’m sure we both have days when we think the other is slacking. However, we both love each other lots and lots, so at the end of the day that’s all that matters. I feel really lucky to be married to Andrew, and I know my family and friends agree with me.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment