Sunday, February 18, 2018

“What would your six-year-old self say if he/she could see you today?”



I was recently reading (or rather looking at the pictures since it’s a book of drawings) a book called The Book of Us and came across this interesting question:

“What would your six-year-old self say if he/she could see you today?”




I think if my six-year-old self could see me now the first thing she would probably say would be, “Ewww! You married a boy!” 

Today I would demolish that cake so fast! (what do you mean I have to share it?)
She’d look around and wonder why I have so many stuffed animals for someone without kids.



I would just shrug and answer, “What can I say? I guess I’m just a big kid!” (not that big – you only have another two feet or so of growth to look forward to).



Then I’d pull out some art supplies to distract her and we’d draw or color for awhile until we got the munchies. Later we’d go down to the kitchen and make some brownies. I’d offer her chocolate milk or hot chocolate while I brewed my (chocolate) coffee – something she had to look forward to someday, I’d tell her.

Later after dinner (wine for me, Kool-Aid for her) I’d pull out some of my favorite movies – one of which was made during her lifetime: “Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory,” “The Sound of Music,” and

“The Wizard of Oz.” (I’d have to warn her that after reading Wicked and seeing the play off-Broadway, you’ll never be able to enjoy “Wizard of Oz” quite the same way again.)


 
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment