Monday, April 6, 2020

Two Weeks in Lockdown...

Hello everyone. Beginning of Week Three on lockdown and grateful to have made it through our fourteen day quarantine period totally asymptomatic after our travels abroad. I am also grateful to the kindness shown to us by family, friends, and neighbors.

Friday after work I was walking around the neighborhood and came across this display on someone’s driveway:
Yeah for free art! I only wish I could contribute something in the same way, but books and baked goods are kind of out of the question. In case you’re wondering, yes, I did pick up one of the photos (see below)
and took it home, and yes, I did wash my hands. I love that our neighbor did this and think they should get a huge shout-out for trying to cheer us up.

On Sunday my sister called and asked if I would be interested in having a pot of homemade stuffed pepper soup. I immediately said yes never wishing to turn down free food that’s delivered to my doorstep. In return, I gave her a can of Kahlua Espresso style Martini (sickly sweet, but not too bad). Maybe not an even exchange, but it was a gesture nonetheless.

So, what have we been up to in the last fortnight (that’s Brit speak for two weeks)? My husband wasted no time putting together this puzzle that had been tucked away for several years:
I made banana bread this weekend:
We also bonded over making masks, which was an activity suggested by my husband in light of the fact that he volunteered to brave it and go out to do the grocery shopping on Sunday. By the way, the pattern we used can be found on the CDC’s website.
Yes, I know we both look a bit like masked bandits or something, but better to be safe than sorry, and at least I finally got to use some of the swatches of fabric I had been saving for a rainy day.

Well, take care everyone and stay safe and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment