Thursday, January 7, 2016

APOLOGIES AND THANKS...


Apologies for not updating my blog in about a month. Perhaps my first New Year's Resolution should be to not forget about updating my blog (though I did pretty well last year with lapses only when I went on vacation and during the Christmas holiday).

I hope everyone had a good holiday. My husband and I certainly did. I was glad to be over my cold (though it certainly wasn't as bad as some I've had) and grateful my husband didn't catch it as he tends to get much sicker than me when he comes down with something (in sickness and in health...) Anyway, all (our family members) were happy and healthy and things were pretty status quo, which is all you can ask for.
A gold star to my mom for her excellent gift choices. I know you don't enjoy shopping, but you did a good job on choosing presents for me and for Andrew, so kudos. I have been using my new purse as a book bag lugging books and magazines back and forth from the office this week, so it's already come in handy. The first warm day we have over 50 degrees I will be sure to break out the knee socks (I wear leggings and ankle socks when the mercury is a bit lower). Andrew and I look forward to enjoying the wine, but for now the bottles are sitting on our wine rack. I was told the Mon Ami Winery (in Port Clinton) is a must visit during the warmer months as they have quite a lot of patio seating and musical entertainment on occasion. I assume you purchased the bottle in your local grocery store, but now you can add that winery to your list of places to visit in 2016. A stay at the Island House Hotel in Port Clinton is also a treat!
Also thanks to Ann and Colin for the lovely piece of lace (which is set aside for now, but I have a few ideas of how to properly display it), and the William Wegman calendar (now gracing our library wall in place of the tree house calendar that was there in 2015). The little wooden ornaments have been hanging on the little tree in our kitchen, soon to be taken down and stored away until next year.
Russ, I love my Kokokopelli balloon which is currently hanging from a light fixture in our library (just out of reach of Tamsin). I may or may not hang it on our porch later. It certainly helps cheer me up on all the gray, dreary winter days.
Thank you should also go out to my husband, Andrew for the David Sedaris CD set he purchased for me (though I know that's sort of like a group present since you can enjoy them too). So far it's been 50/50 with my enjoyment of the content so far, but as there's still 18 CDs left to listen to, I have high hopes for the rest.
I am grateful to have so many wonderful family, friends, neighbors and coworkers, as well as those we rely on for other needs: Lyndsey and Carol from Mastercuts who do my hair, Kristen who trims Tamsin's nails, the entire staff of Pet Palace and Avery Road Animal Hospital for always providing the best care to our precious kitty, the various hygienists who have assisted with my orthodontia in the last year or so, my co-volunteers at St. Brendan Church who are generous people and fun to work with, and all the other unnamed people who work hard to make life good for us all (the utility workers, our mailman, UPS delivery people, etc.).
I hope 2016 is a good year for all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment