Sunday, December 17, 2017

Last posting of 2017....



Hello everyone! Just thought I’d check in one last time before I board a plane and hop across the pond to spend the holidays with my in-laws relaxing in Hereford, England. When I’ve told people my Christmas plans I’ve had a myriad of reactions from just casual interest (“That sounds nice…”) to absolute excitement, (“That is sooo cool! England, Wow!” yadda, yadda, yadda…). It makes me realize I take for granted how special my life is because I’m married to a Brit, so my life isn’t always like everyone else’s (though most days it is). Fourth of July and Thanksgiving aren’t always celebrated with the same level of planning and social interaction for us for obvious reasons (neither are British holidays and Independence Day is a bit awkward because of what it signifies). That’s not to say we don’t enjoy having the day off of work, but we don’t always celebrate with family, etc.

Having lived in England it’s no bigger a deal for me to return there than it would be for anyone else to return to their hometown, though heading overseas is a slightly larger undertaking than driving back to Cleveland or Miami I suppose. I remember once telling my husband that he should be happy he got to travel to so many countries when he was a child, when the only states I remember visiting were Pennsylvania and Tennessee (prior to my Girl Scout Road Trip to Wyoming when I was a teenager), which are hardly exotic. I now understand the blasé attitude.

I will try to cultivate more of an attitude of gratitude (we should all do that!) and promise to try and take interesting and relevant photos and email those who have requested them so I can give you a little (and it will only be a little since I’m only spending about a week there) glimpse of the England I know.

I wish you all the happiest holiday and a blessed and prosperous new year!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment