Sunday, December 30, 2018

My Husband, my Hero


This week’s topic was a no-brainer. I know you all are used to reading about what movie I saw this weekend, or what I’m currently streaming on television, etc. but the holidays are always a good time to reflect on what you’re grateful for (hence, why we give presents to our loved ones). This entire month I have been forever grateful to be married to such a wonderful man who really went above and beyond the call of duty this year. It goes without saying that I am always extremely busy this time of year, same as you all. Working full time with only Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off has left slightly less free time than in the past when I would get off on the eve of both of those days, in addition to any vacation days I would use this time of year, but I was unable to get the time off, so life goes on, or at least it did thanks to my husband, Andrew.

He normally takes off the last two weeks of the year to use up any accumulated vacation time that can’t be carried over. Hence, this is partly why he had lots of free time to help me out (maybe in the future he won’t save up his vacation days so he’s not stuck being my personal Christmas elf [slave]: ).

Andrew carried out a diverse list of tasks in his servitude to me including chef and dishwasher as he outdid himself with his culinary creations including: Mincemeat Streusal,
mincemeat pies, Christmas cake (which we will probably enjoy until Easter),
Festive Tortellini Skewers and Holiday Roll-ups (recipes courtesy of Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman).
When he wasn’t in the kitchen he was busy preparing our house for the trio of guests (mom, dad & uncle) we were expecting. This includes stocking up on groceries for a breakfast buffet
to rival that of a fine restaurant
(well, maybe not, but our guests were certainly very appreciative), and a last minute trip to the store to replace the failed pump we use to inflate our air mattress.

As Andrew is a man of many talents, this includes assembling furniture and electronics as he put together the desk chair my parents bought for my 12 year old nephew, and then on Christmas day helped same nephew install some upgrades to his computer.

This is just a sample of all the chores Andrew helped me out with, but I feel he deserves a huge thanks because I really couldn’t have done all of this without him. I know marriage is all about give and take and working together, but during the holidays I rely on Andrew to help pick up my slack while I am at work (or at church decorating, etc.) and he rarely complains, so I know I’m lucky to have such a wonderful husband.

Thank you Andrew!
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment