Monday, October 9, 2017

An Afternoon at the MAiZE at Little Darby Creek



Saturday afternoon my mom, sister, my nephew and his friend and his friend’s mother and I drove out to the MAiZE at Little Darby Creek. This MAiZE is like one of those mysterious crop circles and equally as ornate with a pattern only discernable from the sky. This year’s design was the Columbus Blue Jackets (hockey team) logo.


There are two paths you can explore in the maze and ten signs scattered amongst various junctions. To choose your path you can either wing it, or take a Passport containing 10 questions related to the theme of the Passport. I chose the Girl Scout passport and my sister chose the TV/Movie passport. When you choose an answer there are directions (like take a left or a right) to help steer you to the exit. The TV/Movie passport didn’t seem too difficult, but I probably only knew maybe 50% of the Girl Scout questions.
We didn’t have too much trouble with the first path, but the second one was a lot harder as we kept doubling back on ourselves. Suddenly the idea of leaving a kettle corn trail didn’t seem like such a bad idea. At least it was a nice sunny (and very breezy!) day so the idea of spending time wandering around in a corn maze was a nice way to pass the time.


There’s also lots of family activities to do around the grounds as well as a couple lop eared rabbits you can pet, some goats you can feed and a couple pigs to look at (not sure what other purpose they served).


Not only was it an entertaining afternoon, but an educational one too as there were signs scattered about the property containing fun facts about animals. For instance, did you know that cats aren’t the only animals that purr? Apparently rabbits do too. Horses have the largest eyes of any land animal. I forget what they said about goats.

For an additional $3 you can ride the hay wagon out to the field and pick out your own pie pumpkin to take home. I opted to skip that figuring I’d probably be doing that in a couple weeks when I go again when I attend my husband’s Fall Fest activity there.


They have a pretty good selection of snacks and treats as we discovered when we went to the concession stand for cool drinks and popcorn (I got a pumpkin cappuccino that really hit the spot & burned my tongue, but no biggie).

Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment